Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vintage Canvas


Welcome!

 I am glad you stopped by. I want to share my canvas that I created for the 7 Kids College Challenge this week - Vintage.  I hope you will join us.


You can purchase the items below at 7 Kids College Fund
Carta Bella Paper - Paris
Archival Ink - Black and Coffee
Tim Holtz Ink Applicator
Accoutrements Buttons from Tim Holtz Idea-ology 
Springtime Twinkling H2o's


Here is a closer view of my canvas:


Here is how I created my flower:
I cut my flower pattern out of old lace. After it was cut I used the Twinkling H20's and Viva Silk Acrylic paint. The petals were colored first with the Twinkling H20's for the final touch I used the Silk paint to give the dark shadowing on the tips of the flower. After it was colored and each petal was dried I painted the with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Media Matte. Let flower dry completely. Then put the flower together around a 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" circle. Choose a center for your flower and you are done.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous week.

I am entering my canvas in the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - R Roses are Red
The Shabby Tea Room - Week #175 Romantic
Through the Craft Room Door - July 16 - July 22 Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I want to wish you an early birthday...I hope you have a fabulous day!! My daughters bridal shower is in 10 days, so I'm sure I won't be online much next week. Have a great birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, lets trade our 7 kids canvases!!! I love the colors and designs on the background. Gorgeous flower and perfect size. I do love this one Karen!!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Karen your canvas turned out beautiful. So much to look at. Love all the elements you added and the color choice it is all so pretty.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful and I'm so in love with your flower! Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge this time and hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!